is a village in DuPage County, Illinois, United States.
The population was 31,765 at the 2000 census.
Glendale Heights was a small
farming community known as Cloverdale up until the 1950s,
with a population of just 104 in 1959. On June 16, 1959,
a petition was filed and on July 13, the village became
incorporated. The first election was held later on that
summer on August 2.
The town was originally named
Glendale as it was between Glen Ellyn and Bloomingdale,
but after a conflict arose with the small town of Glendale
in Southern Illinois, the city decided in March 1960
to add the term Heights, in reference to its different
topographies, thus becoming Glendale Heights.
As of the census of 2000,
there were 31,765 people, 10,791 households, and 7,596
families residing in the village. The population density
was 5,877.8 people per square mile (2,271.2/km²).
There were 11,105 housing units at an average density
of 2,054.9/sq mi (794.0/km²). The racial makeup
of the village was 63.79% White, 4.84% African American,
0.30% Native American, 19.97% Asian, 0.08% Pacific Islander,
8.11% from other races, and 2.91% from two or more races.
Hispanic or Latino of any race were 18.39% of the population.
Glendale Heights has large Filipino and Asian Indian